DIY leather epaulettes.

posted on: Friday, 23 March 2012



I've had this military coat for ages, and although I love it, I also wear it nearly everyday, so have grown a little tired of it. I've found a great leather and fur shop here in Copenhagen, and picked up some pieces of scrap leather the other day. I have been racking my brain trying to decide just what to DIY and this coat seemed the perfect candidate. I decided to add leather to the already existing epaulette but really this DIY could be done with pockets, sleeves or anything else you can think of. I also added two leather ovals to the waist ties to add a second element of leather and balance the coat out. Can't wait to wear it out with my perfect leather bag.

Steps:
1. Measure the epaulette and create a stencil out of paper.
2. Lay the stencil out on your leather and cut the shape out.
3. Lay the leather on the epaulette and pin. But remember the pin will leave a mark so make sure it's somewhere discrete. I chose the button hole.
4. Carefully sew the leather onto the epaulette. Remember leather stretches so you have to be gentle.

3 kommentarer:

  1. I love it. I want to put leather on every clothes I have. Thanks for the tuto.

    http://effortlessdetails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really cool way to update a coat. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I appreciate reading all of your kind words.

N. Lynde All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger